01 02 03 Prone to Wander: Soft Poison 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Soft Poison

34
For anyone who has ever struggled with an addiction...


Soft poison (I am not yours)

 Your boldness
Promised me
Confidence
When I had none.
A little of you was all I needed.
When I met you
You left me
Glowing
For hours
Until you slipped
Out my window
While I slept,
already restless
Again.

Your comfort
Promised me
Peace
When I had none.
A little of you was all I needed.
For my heart beat to slow
And my mind to calm.
You left me
Tranquil
For hours
Until you slipped
Out my window
While I slept,
 already restless
Again.

Your Strength
Promised me
Security
When I had none.
Surroundings falling, breaking
Just a little of you was all I needed
For my mind to strengthen
(so I thought)
You left me
Defended
For hours
Until you slipped
Out my window
While I slept,
already restless
Again.

An earthquake of choices
I chose you
Daily.

I believed you.
Your captivating trap.
You stole from me
what you promised
for me.

Nearly three years of you
And I want out
Of your toxic grasp
Yet you taunt me
With your fa├žade
I feel your force
Engulfing my body
With nausea and deceit
shattered promises
desolation and anguish
I want you gone.

Give me back what you have stolen
You poisonous beast
I will claim what is mine.

I am not yours.




35 36 37 38