01 02 03 Prone to Wander: A special friend 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A special friend

34
Some relationships are so exhausting. You know the kind. The kind where you have to brace yourself beforehand. The kind for which you have to “save up energy.” I’ve had many of these types of relationships in my life, and even though they may be somewhat energy draining, I am still thankful for them. After all, every relationship is a learning experience.

However, every once in a while, and I do mean once in a while…

You will meet someone.

It’s usually what I call an initial “unlikely friend.” Someone who, upon meeting, you would not imagine yourself to be close with. (yes, I know I ended that sentence with a preposition; it’s all good)

But you do, and after letting yourself get to know them you realize that the relationship is free and almost effortless. You do not have to be anyone but yourself around this person. In fact, they know if you are trying to be anyone but yourself, and quickly say, “come on…knock that off…”

Someone who accepts you for you.

Someone who sincerely cares for you.

And really wants to know how you’re doing.

Someone who points you in the right direction, but with wit and humor. 






I love this person in my life. And I do believe God put her in my life at just the right time. I am eternally grateful. 
35 36 37 38