01 02 03 Prone to Wander: Ten things I have learned over the past year...and happy one year birthday to my blog. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Ten things I have learned over the past year...and happy one year birthday to my blog.

34

Well folks, today is my blog’s one-year birthday. Even though I have only written 31 posts thus far (this is 32), I am kinda proud of myself for at least posting semi regularly. My first post was ten things about myself. Today I am going to list ten things I have learned over the past year. How appropriate, right? Okay, here we go.

1. People are almost never as they initially seem. Don’t ever judge one by a first impression, whether it is positive or negative.

2. I worked at an eye clinic for six months and learned a plethora of knowledge about the human eye. There's really so much to it! What I am most proud of is learning how to check one’s eye pressure.

3. I learned how to make some slammin chicken and squash soup. It’s so good that it really should be illegal. Check it out here.

4. I don’t know what I would do without my dear friend Candy! She has helped so much through this past year.

5. When a bunch of women (or men of course) are together praying, God is there.

6. I can’t brag about my love for God because I fail Him all the time, but His love for me never ever fails.

7. I enjoy teaching community college students more than I enjoyed teaching high school students. And at the time, I really did enjoy teaching high school students..most days.

8. Windows 8 is really confusing.

9. Turn off your cell phone before teaching classes.

10. Microwaving marshmallows makes them blow up and then turns them into a sticky, almost rubber-like white substance.

35 36 37 38