Well folks, today is my blog’s one-year birthday. Even though I have only written 31 posts thus far (this is 32), I
am kinda proud of myself for at least posting semi regularly. My first post was
ten things about myself. Today I am going to list ten things I have learned
over the past year. How appropriate, right? Okay, here we go.
1. People are almost never as they
initially seem. Don’t ever judge one by a first impression, whether it is
positive or negative.
2. I worked at an eye clinic for six
months and learned a plethora of knowledge about the human eye. There's really so much to it! What I am most
proud of is learning how to check one’s eye pressure.
3. I learned how to make some
slammin chicken and squash soup. It’s so good that it really should be illegal.
Check it out here.
4. I don’t know what I would do
without my dear friend Candy! She has helped so much through this past year.
5. When a bunch of women (or men of
course) are together praying, God is there.
6. I can’t brag about my love for
God because I fail Him all the time, but His love for me never ever fails.
7. I enjoy teaching community
college students more than I enjoyed teaching high school students. And at the
time, I really did enjoy teaching high school students..most days.
8. Windows 8 is really confusing.
9. Turn off your cell phone before
10. Microwaving marshmallows makes
them blow up and then turns them into a sticky, almost rubber-like white