01 02 03 Prone to Wander: I'm from... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I'm from...

34

I am from homemade banana bread with no nuts, from Crest baking soda toothpaste and green apple Dawn dish soap.

I am from the right side duplex on Goldbrier Lane, a rusty swing set in the backyard and a neighbor with a German Shepherd who once ate superglue and couldn’t bark right for days.

I am from the aloe vera plant that mom rubbed on my sunburned shoulders, the scent of freshly mowed grass and the every once in a while flowers from my dad to my mom.

I am from Crandalls and Hendersons and Ricks and Susans and stubborn, yet driven, and borderline obnoxious some days.

From “Because I said so” and “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all” and rice and vegetables with soy sauce but Little Caesars every other Friday.

I am from the suburbs of Memphis, from a nurse and a business management professor, and a grandpa who grew up during the Depression and learned what it meant to have everything with nothing.

I am from creepy bamboo forests in the backyard, with trickling streams running over rocks peppered on uneven terrain, and from people who may truly know you and yet still love you. 
35 36 37 38