01 02 03 Prone to Wander: They trudged through the foot or so of snow, slid every few steps. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

They trudged through the foot or so of snow, slid every few steps.

34

“Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though…”  Anna recited, emphasizing "know" and "though." 
“What is that?”
“Uh. Are you serious? Robert Frost. Duh.”
“Where did you learn that?”
“English, you were there too.”
“Really? Which class?”  
“Are you being serious right now? Mr. Hanson, 11th grade. Geez. He made us memorize it, stand up in front of the class and say every word. If we messed up, we started over. You were there.”
“Oh.”
“You really don’t remember?”
“Maybe a little.”
“You were probably too busy up Bryce’s butt.”
“Probably.”
“What’s wrong?”
“What makes you think something’s wrong? I can’t remember a stupid poem, so something’s gotta be wrong?”
“What is it?”
“I don’t know.”
“Yes you do. Tell me.”
“I said I don’t know! God Anna!”
Her words pierced through the air, the downy flakes swirled and fell, lost in the echo.

35 36 37 38